About Ron Hamilton
Ron Hamilton, the Founder and Chief Consultant of Practical Human Resources Solutions, has been providing leading edge HR services to clients in Southwest Florida since 1996. He has since expanded his services to clients nationally and internationally. These consulting services include areas such as talent management, training, OD, compensation & benefits, policy & handbook development, merger transition services and interim HR management. Ron has also led high profile workplace investigations into sensitive areas with diligence, integrity, confidentiality and objectivity. He is a certified trainer for Selecting Winners™, one of the most comprehensive and effective recruiting, interviewing and hiring training programs on the market today.
Ron has over 25 years of Human Resources Management experience and has consulted with some of the most progressive companies in the country. Prior to starting his consulting practice, Ron was Vice President of Human Resources Services at CoreStates Financial, a Fortune 500 company. Ron earned his M.S. in Organizational Dynamics from the University of Pennsylvania. He currently teaches graduate classes in Human Resources and Management as an adjunct professor at Webster University.
Ron is a published author on HR subjects, a member of the Society for Human Resources Management and a frequent speaker on various Human Resources and management topics for a variety of organizations.
INTERVIEW: Ron Hamilton helps Florida town hire a new Executive DirectorOctober 15, 2015
VIDEO: Ron presents some of the key reasons why hiring the right person is so important.September 14, 2015
- “Using the Selecting Winners principles, Ron helped my organization find the perfect candidate to fill our Executive Director position. He worked closely with the Board of Directors to develop the successful candidate profile and vetted applicants. The outcome could not have been better.”Eva M. Rey, former Exec Dir, Lakewood Ranch IDA
- “Ron is a great resource-we present him with a challenge. he jumps right in to help with complex HR issues & quickly pinpoints the root cause of the issue & implements the steps necessary to get it right. He is an expert at his craft, he is an extension of our HR Team & always brings value.”Gerry Paulsen, CFO, CLX Logistics
- “Ron Hamilton is a true Human Resources expert and is a valued resource to our organization in the areas of compensation and workflow & organizational review. His ability to quickly assess a situation and provide insightful advice and guidance has supported the organization in making effective HR decisions.”Laura Bopp, Associate Director of HR, Ringling College
- “Ron conducted the Selecting Winners workshop to a group of international Oracle Sales Managers and he was excellent. He was very effective in making it clear to people where English is their second language. The program will be very valuable in our managerial roles.”Andrea Araujo, Regional Sales Manager, Oracle
- “Ron has provided expert training & guidance for over five years to the staff of Meals on Wheels Plus. We have hired Ron to present & train on a broad spectrum of topics, such as Presentation Skills, Supervisory & Leadership Training. The return to us has been having an educated, trained workforce thanks to Ron.”Maribeth Phillips, CEO, Meals on Wheels Plus
- “For the past 17 years, Ron Hamilton has been my go-to guy for the tough HR questions. He is knowledgeable, professional and understands how to solve critical HR issues. I never implement a program without running it by him first. He has consistently saved me time, money and effort with his insights.”Barry Shamis, President/CEO, Selecting Winners